ExEgypt Annual Medical Summer School
Time & Location
About The Event
ExEgypt is offering you a once in a lifetime experience in
'ExEgypt Annual Medical Summer School 2019'
Don't miss the chance to be a part of an unforgettable 2 weeks where cultures from all around the world mix and mingle to give you a new perspective about life and yourself as a person.
The world is nothing but a small village; and ExEgypt knows how to bring this small village together!
The program takes part in Ismailia city, Egypt.
1- Scientific program
Our scientific program offers such a unique opportunity to pick one of two departments.
Our departments include:-
- Emergency: In this department you will attend lectures discussing important topics such as ABCD approach, Acute coronary syndromes, Chest trauma, abdominal trauma, head trauma, burns, acute abdomen and other important topics. You will also have the chance to attend clinical rounds where you will be given the chance to learn and perform some important skills such as stitching, preparing and giving injections (IV, IM, SC), X-Ray interpretation, CT interpretation, ECG interpretation and wound management.
- Gastroenterology and Hepatology: (including Tropical Medicine and Infectious Diseases) Participants will attend lectures and learn important topics including Liver diseases (Hepatitis), jaundice, pancreatic diseases, esophageal disorders, typhoid fever and enteric infections. Students will also have the chance to perform hands-on examinations mainly abdominal examination, and will also be able to visit Gastrointestinal Endoscopy Unit and other units in the departments.
Students will have the privilege to perform a lot of hands-on examinations, and deal with a lot of patients which will enhance their clinical skills.
2- Social program
- Cairo trip (2 days)
See Cairo’s most impressive sights in two full days. Participants will visit the Great Pyramids of Giza; the last remaining wonder of the Ancient World, and the neighboring Sphinx at Giza as well. They will delve into the history of the Pharaohs in the Egyptian Museum and meander through the alleyways of the lively and energetic souk in Khan El-Khalili and get their souvenirs, all with our expert guide (Dr. Ahmed Abo Bakr) who will explain to them the enigmatic monument's origins and back story. You will also give a visit to Salah El Din Citadel, dating from the 12th century and hear about its history. In the same area sits the striking Muhammed Ali Mosque, one of Cairo's most impressive and grandiose structures. The Religious Complex will be our next destination and is located in Old Cairo area which is characterized by its historic and religious shrines of the three religions that were in Egypt. Following lunch, you’ll enjoy views of Cairo in the very heart of the city, the Nile River. Cruise along the river and watch the city light up.
- Alexandria and Mediterranean Sea trip (2 days)
We will head to the Alexandria City - Egypt, one of the magnificent examples of ideal places to escape the busy tourist areas and enjoy nature on the Mediterranean seaside. You can go for a swim in the astonishingly turquoise water and relax while enjoying the amazing view. Alexandria is one of the world's most impressive historical cities. Explore the city founded by Alexander the Great and visit the former site of the Lighthouse of Alexandria, one of the 7 Wonders of the Ancient World. Check out the Citadel of Qaitbay, a medieval fortress built on top of the original lighthouse platform, renowned for its spectacular sea views. Next, we will visit the Library of Alexandria, a massive modern structure inspired by the Ancient Library of Alexandria, which was built in the 3rd century BC. Admire the incredible building, which can house more than 8 million books. Get up-close looks at Greek and Roman ruins and excavated objects.
- Ain Sokhna (1 day)
If you think there's anything more euphoric than enjoying the beach on a sunny day in Sokhna, well think again! Because our mornings by the blue seas and golden sun, and our evenings in a chilly weather are a perfect combination for a day very well spent.
- Port Said trip (Half day)
One day trip to Portsaid so you can learn what in the world this is. Morning by the beautiful seas and nights by the bon fire and dancing on the Semsmya.
- Sports day
Nothing is better than spending a day doing your favorite sport and playing a lot of entertaining games to bring in the spirit of competition and refresh yourself.
- Wady El-Rayan (Sand boarding) - (optional half day)
There’s no better way to spend one day in the outdoor life to enjoy sandboarding, Magic Lake Zipline, El-Modwara mountain hiking and a late-night campfire. Then relaxing in the Bedouin tents to view sunset while enjoying your roasted marshmallows and Bedouin tea.
- Dahab and Sharm El-Sheikh (optional 5 days)
Explore Dahab and experience its laid-back atmosphere at your leisure. Snorkel on the beautiful shore reef of Eel Garden and shop at the quaint Dahab bazaars along the beachfront. You can also chill on the beach at Dahab Bay and watch the world go by. Sharm El-Sheikh features some of the world’s most amazing underwater scenery. The crystal-clear waters and incredible variety of exotic fish darting in and out of the colourful coral reefs have made this a scuba-diving paradise.
We will also have several mango parties, culture nights and amusing celebrations. In addition to different activities and outings everyday in Ismailia.
click HERE for even more info / to register